ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of the EDW team, the BI/Data Warehouse Business Systems Analyst will perform requirements gathering and system analysis, data analysis, data mapping, logical data modeling, functional design, and data quality improvements. This individual will be working closely with end users, ETL developers, Data Modelers / Architects, Report Developers and Functional teams. This position should also be able to create use cases, workflow analysis and should be able to create and maintain project management documents. From a project delivery perspective, this resource would serve as a lead for requirements gathering, design and development of DW/BI solutions, particularly with the MicroStrategy tool set.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements /system requirements.
- Capture business rules and builds physical design documents to meet user requirements
- Performs source data model / data analysis, and target EDW data model / data analysis
- Developing and documenting specifications for Dashboards/Reports, ETL, and data warehouse data model changes
- Assist in the analysis of report requirements and to develop a variety of reporting and analytic solutions using the MicroStrategy and Hyperion Intelligence/Interactive Reporting (formerly brio).
- Assist in use cases generation and workflow analysis.
- Support existing applications with change request analysis and writing functional specifications for development team
- Assist data warehouse team in completing current data warehouse initiative projects
- Analyze and evaluate data sources
- Developing system test plan and conducting end-to-end testing of the initiatives
- Lead/Conduct User acceptance test with business users
- Ability to work with vendors on onsite/offshore model
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of proven hands on experience in the role of a BSA in a Data Warehouse / BI environment
- Strong understanding of data warehousing methodology, data mapping and modeling, ETL, databases, and Business Intelligence and their processes
- Extensive data modeling experience using ERwin r7 or higher
- Extensive experience creating, maintaining, and fine-tuning Oracle database objects using Toad for Oracle 11 or higher
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Oracle database, stored procedures and ad-hoc query development
- Strong ability to work with star schema designs and extensive knowledge in building and designing logical /physical data modelling
- Strong ERwin data modeling skills
- Strong business analysis experience to capture data and reporting requirements and translating to technical specs for the enterprise data warehouse
- Extensive experience in data analysis and develop data mapping and functional solution design documents for ETL developers
- Strong expertise to understand and interpret logical design document and data model diagrams to understand requirements to build physical design document
- Ability to effectively communicate the functional design to developers and confirm the same with the business teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Good knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Must be an initiative taker and possess ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing environment, and multi-task
- Possess a collaborative working style and the ability to work independently in a team environment
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Warehouse, Report and Dashboard analysis / requirements gathering and converting to technical specifications
- Expert in Oracle database concepts, logical/physical design and development
- Experience gathering data validation requirements and developing data validation processes
- Experience modeling star (dimensional) schema databases
- Experience providing support for end users of BI/DW systems and able to distill technical information into user-friendly language
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodology
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing data validations and exception reporting
- Minimum Education Qualification: Bachelor’s degree required and Masters a plus
- Automotive industry experience a plus