- The candidate must have 5+ years of hands on experience with EMC & NetApp SAN devices.
- To include EMC VMAX and NetApp FAS 6080 & 6280 hardware and replication tools.
- Manage SAN NetApp FAS 6280 at DR site.
- Also have experience with NetApp Application & Integration utilities, and experience with EMC TimeFinder with Replication Manager knowledge.
- Experience with Symantec NetBackup SW 7.1 backup utilities to include DE Duplication and library tape management.
- Veritas Storage Foundation suite of tools.
- Must have knowledge of Storage Resource Monitoring (SRM) of heterogeneous SAN storage environments to report usage and trending to provide reports to management on scheduled basis. I.E. On Command
- Manage Brocade DCX SAN switches and software suite of tools. I.E. San Health, DCM Console
- The SAN Administrator will upgrade and deploy SAN storage for application systems that run on multiple platforms, including server, database, web, and data and messaging interfaces.
- This position will require specific expertise and experience in managing tasks that involve the engineering, deployment and operations support of SAN infrastructure and backups.
- Must have Serve as primary representative to business partners and will analyze business and resource requirements, resolve any resource contentions, and align priorities according to program and business goals.
- SAN Administrator will work closely with application owners and business partners, as well as, participate in program-level activities. Create, track and manage service requests and enterprise storage usage.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & EDUCATION:
- 30% The Storage Operations Specialist will provide operational support and guidance to internal clients.
- 20% This role is responsible for performing a wide variety of daily storage management tasks as well as providing recommendations for effective and efficient management of storage system.
- 10% The individual will be part of a team working specifically on the clients Storage/SAN/NAS and Backup Systems.
- 10% Provide proactive recommendations to the customers for improving storage & Backup operations.
- 10% Responsible for performing daily operational tasks like storage provisioning and maintaining availability.
- 10% Provision storage based on standardized procedures as outlined in internal documents.
- 10% Perform backup and recovery procedures