The successful Web Application Business Analyst candidate will, under general direction, conduct business and systems analysis, manage feature scope, lead software and process design changes, and generate application documentation. Business Analyst will work directly work with clients to gather requirements, and be the technical liaison between the software development team and the business customers. The Business Analyst will work closely with our operations and development managers in assisting in project direction and requirements gathering.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & EDUCATION:
- Lead business and technical analysis sessions to support new web and mobile application development efforts to meet current and projected business needs
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client’s organization and industry
- Act as liaison between the Interactive Marketing department and other business units.
- Align stakeholders on business requirements, system requirements, program functions, operations and strategy.
- Provide analysis and support for the project management, application development, and QA teams throughout the development lifecycle
- Communicates needed changes to business and development teams
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
- Assists in driving the implementation of technology and process solutions from concept to completion
- Prepare/Assist project appropriate documentation:
- Initial project startup review and analysis
- Business Case
- Scope and time/cost estimates
- Business Requirements Documentation. Including: information architecture, use cases, wire frame review, UX review, operations requirements, security, performance
- Function Requirements Documentation. Including: data requirements, infrastructure diagrams, operational requirements, security, performance, testing, quality assurance
- Project Financial Documentation
- Assist in the development of test plans
- Assist/Author training and/or technical documentation
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or IT Related disciplines
- Technical and/or project management certifications a plus
- 5+ years large marketing and transactional web site development and business analyst experience
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management
- Automotive industry and telematics experience is highly desirable
- Proficient in developing business requirements documentation, process flows, status reports, and presentations.
- Familiar with a variety of modern web development concepts, practices, and procedures (i.e., HTML5, CSS, XML, SQL, CMS, CDN, analytics, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrates project and team leadership skills
- Self-starter, willing to get involved and do whatever is needed to get the job done.