REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & EDUCATION:
- Create and maintain a high performance team that understands and exceeds user expectations.
- Establish clear objectives and standards for subordinates.
- Frequently measure the sections performance in regards to meeting user requirements, project progress and budgets compliance
- Manage a large portfolio of projects, tasks, issues and systems.
- Prepare written proposals, policies, procedures and personnel evaluations.
- Conduct/Lead formal meetings with teams and others
- Drive change by understanding and adapting to the cultural environment and develop strategies to overcome barriers
- Lead/Manage the teams (Helpdesk, Network, Security, Windows Systems) that comprise the Customer Support Section
- Adhere to division/department policies and establish work procedure
- Recruit/Retain qualified staff; develop and mentor existing team members to be future leaders
- Foster an environment of trust and respect between team members, management, other teams and customers
- Ensure systems are highly available, secure, manageable, and lowest cost to operate
- Ensure teams are highly supportive and responsive to the needs of other teams and customers.
- Bachelors degree in Computer or Information Science or equivalent experience. MBA desired.
- Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSE certifications, or Security + desired.
- 5+ years of management experience with strong project management skills
- Must excel at verbal/written communications and be comfortable in front of large groups.
- 10+ years experience in the areas of Networks, Telephone systems, Security, Helpdesk operations and Windows Server systems.
- Candidate must possess a broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, to include virtualization technologies.
- Be on-call at all times for escalations.